Stanley Park's famed hollow tree is getting hammer and nails, instead of the axe.
Macdonald & Lawrence has stabilized and straightened the red cedar, which is at least 700 years old.
- CBC News: Vancouver's hollow tree gets stabilization, not axe | PDF
- CTV: Work begins to up-right famous hollow tree | PDF
- The Canadian Press: Vancouver's hallowed hollow tree finally gets a pricey makeover | PDF
- The Journal of Commerce: Construction community helps save Vancouver landmark | PDF
- CBC Radio: As It Happens: Part 3